Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Next Project: Rabbit

I've finally decided on my next drawing. I took a great picture of a rabbit last year at Yellowstone National Park (at least my opinion it is a great reference picture). It is going to be a challenge for me that's for sure, but it will give me good practice on different textures. I'm sure I need the challenge. It will also be the first rabbit I've drawn. Yikes! Soft hair of the rabbit, coarse texture of the bark on the branches on the ground, and smooth texture of the pine needles on the tree it's laying next to/under, are all going to be a challenge. I think I'm most nervous about the rabbit's fur though. I will need patience.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~John Quincy Adams

For some reason, I'm not so sure patience will make the difficulties of this disappear, but I'm sure patience will help. I'll find some time to begin this drawing and update as I go.

No comments: